Monday 7 October 2013

Candy Coloured Gradient Nails

Today I tried a gradient for the first time, and here's the result:



I love how these colours fit together, they kind of remind me of an ocean sunset. They are really bright and cheerful colours, but not in a too flashy kind of way, if you know what I mean.



I made this gradient using a sponge: 
First you paint your nails in a base colour (the lightest colour of your bunch, normally).
Then you paint the colours onto the sponge, and dip the sponge onto your nails. Then you dip it a bit up and down, so the colours mingle a bit. After that, you put a topcoat on to make the colours blend even better.

Here's a tutorial I found, which shows very nicely what you should do :)


2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful and delicate! I love the colors you chose! (and your photo looks amazing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm really in love with these colours too :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)