Wednesday 26 August 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Sea Star Charms

*Disclaimer: this item was received for review. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced by anyone or anything.


Hi everyone!

I'm back with another Born Pretty Store review. I picked some cute starfish charms for this review, because I love mermaid-ish nails and these are perfect for that ;)


  • What?: Starfish charms. You get 5 pieces of them. You can get these in either gold colour or silver colour.
  • Price?: These cost $2.29 for 5 pieces. The pieces are reusable.
  • Where can you get it?: Here is the item link on BPS.
  • What do I think?: I love these! They are cute and fun, they are a bit curved so they fit well on my nails too. They're not too big so they won't fall off your nails immediately.

For this mermaid-y design, I used Essie's Trophy Wife as a base colour (3 coats), and on my index finger and pinky I made a gradient with Trophy Wife and with Essie's Naughty Nautical. I also added some glitter from Fogan Cosmetics (nr. 48) on top.

I had entire boxes full of little crushed stones that were gifted to me by a fellow polish enthusiast (thank you Mariska!) and I thought they were perfect to use here on my middle finger.



So, in short: yay for starfish! I love the shape these have too, I like that some arms of the starfish are longer than the other arms.

If you like these, feel free to use my discount code at Born Pretty Store to get 10% off on everything: XDX31.


What do you think of these starfish?

Thanks for reading!


6 comments:

  1. So awesome!! I love your Starfish aquatic nail art!!

    Ursula aka Blueridge Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really nice and I like your mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eveything about this mani. love those crushed stones on your middle finger. the starfish stud is amzing. Beautiful mermaid-ish manicure :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not tell you how perfect I think this manicure is, seriously! The crushed shell looks amazing on your nails and so perfect for this manicure, I love the starfish charm and the Fogan glitter on top! Everything just comes together beautifully. Also, your the only person I think I've seen with Fogan polish :,) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like very much the starfish and I like that you added the crushed stones. :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty, I love this mani <3

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Definitely leave a comment with your thoughts, and if you have any questions, ask away! I always reply so check back :)
Please don't leave links in your comment unless they are related to my blog post. If you're new on my blog, I always come and check out yours :)